An Ultrasound Technician works in the Radiology Department of Imaging Centers and hospitals. Sonograms are used by physicians to diagnose and treat pregnancies and other conditions like cancer. An Ultrasound Tech may also be referred to as a Diagnostic Medical Sonagrapher, and they are educated in handling specific machines that operate using sound waves, so there is no pain involved. Ultrasound Technicians are essential for performing non-invasive imaging.
Sonagraphy EducationThe healthcare industry has been steadily growing in the past decade, so choosing a career as a sonography tech will lead to an exciting and rewarding career. State certification is required in order to work in the field, and the education involves courses in anatomy and science to attain an equivalent of an Associates’ Degree. The student must complete a total of 91 credit hours with 26 general education courses and 65 courses that includes clinical rounds under the supervision of a physician.
- Kaplan University Online Degree Programs
- Attend college on your terms. Kaplan University offers fully online degree programs that fit any schedule.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Dental Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- And more...
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- And more...
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Medical Administrative Assistant
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Master of Public Health
- Designated as a 2015 Military Friendly® School by Victory Media, publishers of G.I. Jobs®.
- Each program is designed to instill the knowledge, ethical values, and interpersonal skills of professional practice and to foster values of social responsibility.
- Offers several flexible learning options, including a blended format that combines campus and online learning.
- Several scholarship opportunities are available for students who qualify.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Fully Accredited Sonography TechSchools in Atlanta
There are three levels available in a Sonogram Education – Sonogram Certification, Associates Degree and Bachelors Degree, and a student can even excel in a Master’s Degree program. There are five colleges in the Atlanta area that offer the required courses.
• Cambridge Institute of Allied of Health and Technology
• Sanford-Brown College in Atlanta
• Brown-Mackie Technical College
• Atlanta Technical College
• Georgia Northwestern Technological College
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Atlanta
Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs are offered at each of the five colleges listed above, and there are also four schools in the outlying areas including Mason, Georgia, Pegasus Letters is a superior program for Ultrasound Technicians that includes lectures and diagrams. Most programs consist of physical, science, algebra, patient care and clinical rounds for the associate degree, and a Bachelors and Masters Degree is available for those who want extended their education.