An Ultrasound Technician works in the Radiology Department of Imaging Centers and hospitals. Sonograms are used by physicians to diagnose and treat pregnancies and other conditions like cancer. An Ultrasound Tech may also be referred to as a Diagnostic Medical Sonagrapher, and they are educated in handling specific machines that operate using sound waves, so there is no pain involved. Ultrasound Technicians are essential for performing non-invasive imaging.
Sonagraphy EducationThe healthcare industry has been steadily growing in the past decade, so choosing a career as a sonography tech will lead to an exciting and rewarding career. State certification is required in order to work in the field, and the education involves courses in anatomy and science to attain an equivalent of an Associates’ Degree. The student must complete a total of 91 credit hours with 26 general education courses and 65 courses that includes clinical rounds under the supervision of a physician.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Office Administration
- Dental Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
As a community of initiative, University of the Southwest challenges graduates to become enterprising members of our society contributing to the common good by advocating and participating in the productive commerce of free enterprise, the constitutional privilege of self-government, and the practical contributions of community service.
Fully Accredited Sonography TechSchools in Atlanta
There are three levels available in a Sonogram Education – Sonogram Certification, Associates Degree and Bachelors Degree, and a student can even excel in a Master’s Degree program. There are five colleges in the Atlanta area that offer the required courses.
• Cambridge Institute of Allied of Health and Technology
• Sanford-Brown College in Atlanta
• Brown-Mackie Technical College
• Atlanta Technical College
• Georgia Northwestern Technological College
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Atlanta
Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs are offered at each of the five colleges listed above, and there are also four schools in the outlying areas including Mason, Georgia, Pegasus Letters is a superior program for Ultrasound Technicians that includes lectures and diagrams. Most programs consist of physical, science, algebra, patient care and clinical rounds for the associate degree, and a Bachelors and Masters Degree is available for those who want extended their education.