An Ultrasound Technician works in the Radiology Department of Imaging Centers and hospitals. Sonograms are used by physicians to diagnose and treat pregnancies and other conditions like cancer. An Ultrasound Tech may also be referred to as a Diagnostic Medical Sonagrapher, and they are educated in handling specific machines that operate using sound waves, so there is no pain involved. Ultrasound Technicians are essential for performing non-invasive imaging.
Sonagraphy EducationThe healthcare industry has been steadily growing in the past decade, so choosing a career as a sonography tech will lead to an exciting and rewarding career. State certification is required in order to work in the field, and the education involves courses in anatomy and science to attain an equivalent of an Associates’ Degree. The student must complete a total of 91 credit hours with 26 general education courses and 65 courses that includes clinical rounds under the supervision of a physician.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Altierus is a non-profit, higher educational school system with 21 campuses in 11 states, operated as Altierus Career College or Career Education. And being a student here is different. Because we don't see you as just a student. We see you as an individual within our community with your own reasons for being here.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Dental Assisting
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you've completed your program, you're truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Occupational Science
- Medical Assisting - Associate of Applied Science
- And more...
Start your future now!
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
Miller-Motte Technical College (MMTC) will help you choose your ideal career before you get started and assist with real-world employment after you’re done with school. We have a wide range of resources to help you every step of the way.
- Nursing Assistant - Certificate of Completion
- Veterinary Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Respiratory Therapy
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- • Liberty University’s online programs ranked in the top 10 out of more than 2,100 colleges & universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility.*
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral level.**
- Transfer up to 90 credits into an undergraduate degree program.
- Up to 50% of your master’s degree can be transferred in to help you get the most out of your hard work and maximize the credit you previously earned.
- *BestColleges.com Gold Medal of Distinction
- **excludes licensure, certification, and some doctoral programs
Fully Accredited Sonography TechSchools in Atlanta
There are three levels available in a Sonogram Education – Sonogram Certification, Associates Degree and Bachelors Degree, and a student can even excel in a Master’s Degree program. There are five colleges in the Atlanta area that offer the required courses.
• Cambridge Institute of Allied of Health and Technology
• Sanford-Brown College in Atlanta
• Brown-Mackie Technical College
• Atlanta Technical College
• Georgia Northwestern Technological College
List of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Programs in Atlanta
Diagnostic Medical Sonography programs are offered at each of the five colleges listed above, and there are also four schools in the outlying areas including Mason, Georgia, Pegasus Letters is a superior program for Ultrasound Technicians that includes lectures and diagrams. Most programs consist of physical, science, algebra, patient care and clinical rounds for the associate degree, and a Bachelors and Masters Degree is available for those who want extended their education.